THE SALISBURY MONOPOLY ‘WE ARE ON THE BOARD
WE are in the game !
berry get to star on the brand new MONOPOLY game for Salisbury, which hits the shops this morning (Wednesday 14th October)..
Today’s ‘Big Reveal’ of the official game – the MONOPOLY: Salisbury Edition - sees:
* berry feature on our very own MONOPOLY space ! We get to appear on a square from the classic game’s original.
* Salisbury Cathedral named on the highest ranking piece of MONOPOLY prime estate , Mayfair.
* Other landmarks that get to star on the board include Stonehenge, The Guildhall, Old Sarum, Salisbury Museum, Arundells and Charter Market.
* The four train stations from the original board take on a ‘travel’ theme.
* Three leading Salisbury charities each get to land on the game’s three Community Chest squares.
The board has been produced by Winning Moves UK, under official license from the MONOPOLY brand, owned by Hasbro.
George Shrimpton, Custom Games Executive at Winning Moves UK, says:
“The game features the great and good of the city. It’s in effect .. A Love Letter to Salisbury!”.
As well as ALL of the squares like Mayfair and Park Lane being exclusively Salisbury landmarks and addresses, most of the Chance and Community Chest cards are themed too. One card even sends players to the famous MONOPOLY jail for spilling coffee over Salisbury Cathedral’s priceless original copy of the Magna Carta.
The new edition is now available at stores across Salisbury including WHSmith, Waterstones, The Works, Ryman, Dinghams - as well as very widely available online, including on Amazon.