Last Friday 23rd October, the team at Berry swapped their clothes for something a bit pinker in aid of the charity Breast Cancer Now.
Our pink Berry team baked cakes and donated prizes for the raffle to raise a whopping £400 for this great cause. The top raffle prize of a Samsung TV was donated by Berry and was won by our Network Service Co-ordinator Katie Miles. A huge thanks from everyone at Berry to Stacey Salmon our UK Finance Manager for organising this special event. To find out more about this great cause, visit www.breastcancernow.org.
About Breast Cancer Now:
- Breast Cancer Now is the UK’s largest breast cancer charity.
- Breast Cancer Now’s ambition is that by 2050 everyone who develops breast cancer will live. The charity is determined to stop women dying from the disease, working in a new, collaborative way and bringing together all those affected by the disease to fund research, share knowledge and find answers.
- Breast Cancer Now’s world-class research is focused entirely on breast cancer. The charity supports nearly 450 of the world’s brightest researchers at more than 20 locations across the UK and Ireland. Together, they’re working to discover how to prevent breast cancer, how to detect it earlier and how to treat it effectively at every stage so we can stop the disease taking lives.
- Breast cancer is still the most common cancer in the UK. Nearly 700,000 people living in the UK have experienced a diagnosis and one in eight women will face it in their lifetime. This year alone, more than 50,000 women will be told they have the disease.
- The UK still has one of the lowest breast cancer survival rates in Western Europe and this year alone nearly 12,000 women will lose their lives. It’s time to act.
- Breast Cancer Now launched in June 2015, created by the merger of leading research charities Breast Cancer Campaign and Breakthrough Breast Cancer.