Here are some tips from Berry's Technical Team to help you to get the most out of your phone system.
Importing ContactsYou can import contacts from your database into your Samsung Xchange software which allows you to easily 'click to call' from your PC and to also identify incoming callers enabling you to provide a more personalised service. Here's how to do it:
- Export your list of contacts from your database or CRM system into a .csv or Excel file.
- Email this file to Support@berrytelecom.co.uk.
- Berry will upload these to your Samsung Xchange address book for you, usually within 4 hours.
The Samsung Xchange client has an Instant Messaging facility which gives you another internal communication option. When used, messages received appear as pop-ups over any open application, which ensures important messages are prominently displayed. See example below.
To use this feature:
- Double left click on the Samsung Xchange desktop icon (as shown above) and the 'Presence' window will open. Alternatively you can right click on the Samsung Xchange icon and select 'Show presence'.
- The Presence window will show you a list of your colleagues status'.
- Right click on the colleague's name you wish to message and then select 'Send Message' (see below).
- Use the text field at the bottom of this window to type your message, press ENTER or click 'Send' to send message.
Call Recording is a really useful optional feature with Berry's Samsung phone systems. If you have a Berry system you may already have this feature but require access to it, or you may wish to add this feature to your set-up. There are 2 options to access your recorded calls, either via a secure web page or via client software which also provides more detailed reporting. Call Recording can help you to:
- View all call history by internal user, extension number, external user, date and time etc
- Retrieve recorded calls or extracts of calls for training purposes or to help resolve customer/supplier disputes
- Ensure FSA compliance
- Reduce fraud